This tasty salad can be eaten alone, or served with some marinated and griddled tofu for more bulk. You can experiment using other vegetables, the ingredients are entirely up to you! With such a huge selection of vegetables and salad items, you can be sure of getting a vitamin packed meal, as well as the anti-inflammatory benefits of turmeric.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 2tbsp of fresh or dry curry leaves
- 1½tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1½tsp mustard seeds
- Heaped tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 large fennel bulb, finely sliced (use a mandolin if you have one)
- 2 large carrots, cut into matchsticks
- ½ cucumber, cut into semi circles
- 6 spring onions, diagonally sliced (use finely sliced red onions as an alternative)
- 1 bunch of radishes, finely sliced
- 2 big handfuls of ripe cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 fresh red chili, finely sliced (you can use green if you like it hotter)
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 bunch of fresh mint, chopped
- 2 or 3 mandarins, peeled and sliced or pulled into segments
For the dressing
- 3tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2tbsp agave syrup
- 2tsp Fresh Body Mind Turmeric Root Powder
- ½tsp ground ginger
- Extra juice and zest of mandarins, if desired (makes it more fruity)
- Seasoning to taste
- Take a small pan and place over a medium heat. Break up or crush the curry leaves into the pan, add heaped tablespoon of rapeseed oil. Stir, then add mustard seeds and fenugreek.
- Cook until seeds pop. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Make your dressing and whisk until combined.
- Combine all your salad ingredients into one bowl and toss so that they are mixed together.
- When cool, add the toasted spices, dressing and seasoning to the salad and toss again. If required, add more mandarin juice for a fruitier taste.
Nutrients Per Serving:
Nutrients per serving: Calories 125, Total Fat 7.5g (Of which saturated 0.9g), Protein 2.1g, Carbs 10.1g, Sugars 9.3g, Salt 0.2g, Cholesterol 0.2mg