Red berries and turmeric with delicious and hydrating watermelon make this smoothie a very healthy drink. The ginger and turmeric add spice and a little heat, and served with ice it is revitalizing and refreshing. It is better to remove the seeds from the watermelon.
As well as feeding your body with the correct foods, it is essential also to stay hydrated throughout the day. This recipe is a very good ‘kickstarter’ to stimulate your system.
Serves: 1 large glass
- 3 cups watermelon chunks, peeled and seeded
- 1 cup red berries (strawberries or raspberries are the best, but you can use mixed frozen berries)
- ½ cup water
- 1tsp Organic Fresh Body Mind turmeric
- 1tsp ground ginger, or small piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 3tsp raw honey
- 2tsp extra-virgin coconut oil
- 2tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
Optional: Extra berries for decoration, mint sprigs
- Put the watermelon, berries, water, lemon juice, ginger, turmeric, honey and coconut oil into a blender. Purée until smooth, depending on your blender timings.
Nutrients Per Serving:
169 calories, 2 g protein, 36 g carbohydrates, 3 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 2 g fiber, 21 g sugar, 7 mg sodium