You might have heard about the health benefits of the Mediterranean diet. Almost every nutritionist would agree, the Mediterranean diet can be adjusted to any lifestyle or eating philosophy. By exploring the spices and vegetables cooked in olive oil, Mediterranean people were able to survive even the hardest years. This simple recipe will transfer you to the aromatic islands of the south-east Mediterranean area and give other ideas for meals that combine a healthy approach to cooking and eating with friends and family.
Some vegetables can be found throughout the year and everywhere in the world, thanks to import. But if you want to enjoy the full potential of vegetables, try to use them fresh and in-season. This way they will give the full potential in aroma, flavor and appearance. This great snack can be easily and quickly prepared, while, at the same time, you can adjust it to any time of the day or meal. By adding Fresh Body Mind Turmeric to this vegetable salsa, we will have the best of both worlds - Mediterranean and the Far East.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes (grilling)
- 24 inner leaves of lettuce
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 2 large tomatoes
- 2 large bell peppers
- 6 black olives – large
- 1tsp sesame seeds
- 1 large eggplant
- 1tbsp Organic Fresh Body Mind Turmeric
- 1 clove garlic
- 1tsp thyme
- Salt, pepper, oregano to taste
- 1tsp olive oil
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- Cut the eggplant into thin slices and grill it in a grilling pan. Chop the grilled eggplant and place it in a bowl.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and olive oil. Using a food processor or a blender, blend the tomatoes, pepper, garlic, Organic Fresh Body Mind Turmeric and all the remaining herbs and spices.
- Chop the olives into small pieces.
- Gently add the grilled eggplant and olives to the paste and stir.
- Using a large spoon, divide the paste between the lettuce leaves. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and decorate with cherry tomato halves.
- Roll up the leaves so you can eat them with your hands, or serve on a platter to eat normally.
Nutrients Per Serving:
Nutrition per serving: Calories 66, Carbohydrates 10.4g, Fiber 3.5g, Sugar 3.3g, Fat 2.45g (of which saturated 0.95g) Protein 1.6g, Sodium 44mg