Some people may find rice just a little bland if they serve it the same way every time. With this delicious rice dish, you get a wonderful, fragrant rice that has a great combination of ‘sweet and spicy’. The turmeric gives it a lovely golden color, as well as the benefits of its health-giving properties. The mustard seeds add a slightly peppery taste, as does the fresh, chopped cilantro.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 2 cups water
- 1½ cups coconut milk
- 1 tsp Fresh Body Mind organic ground turmeric
- 2tsp mustard seeds
- Juice and zest of 1 lime, plus 1 lime sliced, to garnish
- ½tsp salt
- 4tbsp cilantro leaves, freshly chopped
- Rinse rice under cold water until water runs clear. Put the rice, water, coconut cream and Fresh Body Mind turmeric in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Stir in salt.
- Bring rice to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until liquid is almost absorbed. Cover. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, fry off the mustard seeds in a frying pan until they pop. Set aside.
- Remove rice from pan into a serving dish.
- Squeeze over lime juice and add zest. Tip in the mustard seeds. Add almost all of the chopped cilantro, mix through and sprinkle remainder over the top.
- Garnish with wedges of lime.
Nutrients Per Serving:
Calories 237,Carbohydrates 26g, Fiber 0.1g,Sugar 0g, Fat 3.2 (of which saturated 2.1g) Protein 4g, Cholesterol 0g, Sodium 420mg