This recipe includes all the best winter warmers, as well as ingredients that fight infection, improve the immune system and provides enough antioxidants to combat the free radicals in the air – in other words, it is a great step forward to a healthier you.
Ginger is a potent anti-inflammatory, soothes stomach problems and is also a ‘diaphoretic’ – this means that it warms from the inside and will encourage perspiration, in order to rid the body of toxins as well as banishing the symptoms of colds and flu. Combined with turmeric and citrus fruits, it provides a strong combatant for many lifestyle and environmental illnesses.
Try this invigorating, and warming tea, you will be amazed at how good it makes you feel. It will help the detoxification process and both inner and outer cleansing
Serves: 2 x 8oz mugs
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups hot water (16oz total)
- 2tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2tbsp raw honey
- 4 thin slices of fresh ginger
- 2tsp ‘Fresh Body Mind’ Turmeric
- 2tsp virgin coconut oil
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Boil water in your kettle, or bring a pan of water to the boil.
- Evenly spoon in the lemon juice, lime juice, coconut oil, honey, turmeric and ginger into your glasses or mugs.
- Pour in the hot water to cover the ingredients and stir until thoroughly combined. Leave to steep for at least 1 minute, or longer to let the flavors infuse.
- You can add extra citrus if you like the sharp, clean taste – you can also remove the ginger slices if you don’t want to swallow them.
- Place the cinnamon sticks into each glass, and use to stir and impart some of this tangy spice.
Nutrients Per Serving:
272 calories,4.7 g protein, 12.2g carbohydrates, 24.8g fat, (21.3g saturated fat, 7.2g fiber, 4.8g sugar, 16mg sodium