With our fast pace of living, detox smoothies seem to be one of the best solutions to reduce the excessive amounts of toxins and harmful influence of free radicals that we accumulate every day. This tasty and easy to make smoothie looks and tastes delicious and it might become your favorite healthy snack. The beneficial ingredients of this amazing potion act as mood inhibitors.
The humble turmeric is a spice which acts against free radicals. The turmeric contains more than 300 antioxidants. Antioxidants are the primary “weapon” to prevent the growth and regulation of free radicals, an underlying cause of ageing and many serious diseases.
Ginger provides antioxidants and also has protective properties. Lime and orange are rich in vitamin C which shields the body against infections, whilst the carrots are rich in beta-carotene which is then converted into vitamin A.
Researchers from the University of Milan believe that the pigment anthocyanin, which gives red oranges particular bloody color, actually helps us to lose weight.
This flavonoid is the main ingredient of many red fruits that keep the heart healthy. It may help protect the eyesight, contribute to improving memory, prevent urinary infections.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1tbsp level of organic Fresh Body Mind Turmeric powder
- 1tbsp cinnamon
- 1tsp stevia powder (optional) or 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 blood orange
- 1 piece of ginger root (around 1 inch)
- 2 limes
- 5 carrots
- 6fl.oz (3/4 cup) water
- Peel the ginger and carrots and then slice them.
- Place them in the blender and add the juice of citrus fruits, the water, stevia powder/raw honey and half the cinnamon and Fresh Body Mind Turmeric powder.
- (If you would like to have a chilled version, add ice cubes in the beginning.)
- Blend it until smooth and serve in medium to large glasses. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon on top and enjoy!