When we compare the food we eat today with the food people ate some 2000 or more years ago, we can notice a huge difference. People back then ate healthy whole foods and prepared their dishes slowly, with passion and with patience. Who says that we cannot have a pinch of that ancient wisdom in our post-industrial era?
A good thing about today’s world is that all the healthy ingredients are available in most towns and cities.We can easily find foods which might be exotic for our area, or maybe are out of season. To prepare this healthy bowl of wisdom, you will not need a lot of time. But a good approach to this kind of food is to eat it slowly and enjoy each aroma, flavor and texture.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 3½oz buckwheat groats, cooked per manufacturers instructions
- 3½oz squash
- 3½oz arugula
- 1 poached egg
- 10 crushed pistachios
- 1tbsp Organic Fresh Body Mind turmeric
- 1tbsp red paprika powder
- 1tsp Himalayan salt
- ¼ lime (juice and zest)
- 2tsp chopped mint
- Cook the buckwheat until tender but still with a slight ‘bite’ and place it in the bowl. Cut the squash into small cubes and boil until soft. Mash it and place next to the buckwheat. Wash the arugula and drain.
- Place it next to the squash puree. Poach the egg in salty water and place it on top of other ingredients.
- Mix and crush the spices, seasoning and pistachios with lime juice and zest using a stone pestle.
- Pour over the bowl and sprinkle with chopped mint. Enjoy with herbal tea or spring water.
Nutrients Per Serving:
Calories 295 Kcal, Fat 10.2g, Saturated Fat 2.4g, Carbohydrates 40.9g, Fiber 7.4g, Sugar 6.1g, Protein 15.1g, Sodium 185mg, Cholesterol 186.5mg